‘Twas the night before…business?
My LinkedIN account all snug and tucked into bed.
Facebook just connected with some guy named, Fred.
Twitter was glowing by the followers it had, Pinterest great pictures, no need to be sad.
Google Plus was no fuss since +1 (plus one), I just can’t stop reading and get some work done! Bloggers were here, helpful tips there, Oh my, I just want be everywhere!
But reading I do, on through the night. My brain cells are running just a little bit tight. My tablet stays on, almost till dawn; I try to stay up with technology just begun. It’s new, it’s new, and it’s the greatest next thing! I can’t pull my eyes away, tho they’re starting to sting!
On to the tips, that will be a great hit. Please share if you care with those so remiss.
3 Tips – Don’t let your profiles slip:
1) Make a list and check it twice, for all your social and business networking sites.
- Sometimes the most obscure site has the worst information, and could cost you a client or potential retention.
- Where do you blog, post or interact? Make sure all of them have the straight fact.
- Don’t confuse your next great client by having 10 sites with different slogans, photos, and profile. Let them know what to expect everywhere you are.
2) Is your message congruent with what you are fluent?
- Have you read your website recently? Seriously! Do you still do what it says?
- Do all your sites have a similar message?
- Do your links all still work…Have you checked?
- Is the phone number correct? (Silly thing, but it happens!)
3) Is your photo relatively recent or just caught in the current?
- Ever see a “glamour shot” photo, only to meet the person and you didn’t recognize them? That’s pretty harsh. One photo, wow! The next photo, kapow! (This happened to me meeting a Realtor one day. I saw the woman and said, “You’re who?” I know that it’s true. Just don’t be the one to let it happen to you.)
- Men: If your profile photo shows you with a full head of hair or a bread, and you’re now bald and shaved; or if your hair used to be brown and grey now shines through, please update your photo, and make it really you.
- Is your current photo the same on all your sites? Without a common thread, it would be like having three logos for the same company.
With that, I say, among all this chatter, Happy New Year to all, and profiles do matter!