Getting involved with any social media takes a commitment. First, pick what platform or platforms your going to use, and then do it. Do it consistently!
If you’re in business, you’ve probably adapted some type of online presence like Twitter; possibly a Facebook page either personally or for your business; LinkedIn account; and by now, you’re probably hearing the Buzz about Google+ (pronounced Google Plus). Google+ is “the” way to really step up your social media presence and interaction.
More on that in a moment. Why do those TV and radio commercials hammer us so hard over and over again…? Name and brand recognition. And before you ask: NO! I an not remotely suggesting that your social media campaign be set up for a “take no prisoners” type of approach. That simply won’t work, and in fact, the opposite will happen. People will stop listening to you. They’ll get tired of the same old-same old and may un-follow you to avoid the drivel you’re spewing forth.
You want to get your name and your brand out there. Respectfully. Professionally. Consistently. You’ve got to have worthy, interesting content.
Google+ has made some remarkable steps in changing the way we all use social media. If you aren’t on Google+ yet, you can watch an overview with instructions on how to join, by clicking here: http://www.goldstarclubs.com.
Google+ will allow you to not only share your regular posts, much like Facebook and Twitter, but so much more!
However, the real reason to explore and use Google+ is simple: Google Searches Find You!
Google is the number one search engine. Google “tends” to find information faster about you and your business by what is being talked about on Google+. And if your readers click the “+1” on any of your posts, anything you’re talking about, links you’re sharing, or comments made on a current news item, will all be found faster, and ranked higher by the Google search engine, almost immediately.
Fairly recent statistics (08/2010) show:
Google Plus Hangouts
- Free video conference – live chat with up to 10 people on web cams, private or public.
- Imagine sharing a video from YouTube with your kids/grand kids, or of your kids with the grand parents.
- Free Screen Sharing with up to 10 people
- Imagine the product presentations you can make across the country
- Answer questions about your product or service by live video!
- Your friends, business associates, family, and even prospective clients can be easily added to your “circles.” Google+’s name for a group or list
- Follow anyone one you want
- Follow back anyone you want…or not, your choice
- Google+ makes them depending on what you have added in your profile
- It further suggests you to people that seem similar or similar interests
- In your profile its very important to be clear about what you do, who you want to meet, and maybe what a good referral is for you